Tree Trimming Grosse Pointe MI
All trees require pruning and trimming at one time or another. Properly pruned trees are much healthier and better able to fight off pest and cultural threats. The amount of live tissue that should be removed depends on the tree size, species and age, as well as the pruning objectives. Younger trees will tolerate the removal of higher percentage than that of mature trees. It is important to remember that it is easier for a tree to recover from several small pruning wounds faster than one large wound. The older and larger a tree becomes, the less energy it has in reserve to close wounds and defend against decay or insect attack.
• PRUNING/CROWN CLEANING: Thinning and removal of dead, diseased, damaged, broken, stub and interfering limbs retaining actual crown as set forth by industry standards.
• HAZARD PRUNING: Removal of dead, diseased or weak branches. Hazardous pruning shall consist of the removal of the described branches to a size that in falling would injure a person. (Usually consist of 2” or more in diameter.)
• THINNING: Selective removal of individual branches to help reduce weight stress, wind resistance and allow for more needed or required sunlight in many cases.
• CROWN REDUCTION OR HEADING BACK: Reduction of overall height and/or width (usually for fruit and ornamental trees and evergreens).
• ELEVATION: Pruning or removal of required limbs for greater height clearance over lawns, driveways, sidewalks and other structural items.
• CLEARANCE: Pruning or removal of required limbs as outlined to provide proper distance to buildings, lights, wires, plants or other items that may be requested or suggested by the client or Branch Tree & Landscape Service.
Trees and shrubs make up a large and important part of our landscape and keeping them healthy is essential for their immense range of energy, economic, health and environmental benefits. They are living just like us, and the healthier they are better equips them to be able to defend themselves against insects and diseases.
We offer a wide variety of services for your outdoor green space – from insect and disease management to fertilization and tree trimming to tree removal. Tree work should only be done by those trained, properly equipped and have the experience to tell you whether your tree is sick or healthy, dangerous or safe. Our staff includes many highly trained ISA Certified Arborists that can assist you with the health and safety of your trees, shrubs and plants.
For over 30 years, we have provided Grosse Pointe with the highest quality tree care in the industry. Don’t just take our word for it, read our customer reviews.